- August 2019: Natasha Dobrinen will deliver a presentation for the Math Frontier Webinar Series of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
- August 2019: Andrew Linshaw's paper Cosets of affine vertex algebras inside larger structures was highly cited in 2018.
- August 2019: Four new faculty join the department in the Fall: Sara Botelho-Andrade (postdoc), Wojciech Kossek (visiting assistant teaching professor), Chris Jennings-Shaffer (postdoc), Scott Schmieding (postdoc).
- July 2019: Mei Yin was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure. Congratulations!
- June 2019: Shashank Kanade, Andy Linshaw and Ronnie Pavlov are recipients of the 2019 Simons Foundation collaboration grants for mathematicians. Only 140 grants are awarded nationally every year.
- June 2019: Adam Purcilly received the GTA Excellence Award from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- May 2019: A recent issue of Involve features two articles coauthored by our undergraduate and graduate students.
We publish the departmental newsletter twice per year.