What I do
Professor of Mathematics
automated deduction, quasigroups, semigroups
I earned my BS, MS and PhD degrees from the University of Utah in 1986, 1988 and 1991, respectively. From 1992 to 2006, I was a professor at Indiana University South Bend. I have been a professor at DU since 2006. I am also adjunct full professor at the Open University of Portugal and a full member of the Center for Experimental and Stochastic Mathematics of the University of Lisbon.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Utah, 1991
- MS, Mathematics, University of Utah, 1988
- BS, Mathematics, University of Utah, 1986
- American Mathematical Society
My research specialty is algebra, especially quasigroups/loops and semigroups/monoids. I am especially interested in the use of automated deduction in mathematics. Most of what I do involves coaxing computers into proving theorems for me.
- Moufang Semiloops
- Fourth Mile High Conference on Nonassociative Mathematics
- 3rd Mile High Conference on Nonassociative Mathematics
- United Methodist Church University of Denver Teacher/Scholar of the Year 2013, United Methodist Church/University of Denver
- Pedro Nunes Award for Excellence in Online Teaching, Universidad Aberta